Unique experiences are the currency of the most successful Airbnb’s and attract the most guests and potentially higher revenues.
If you’re the owner of a rural, or rustic AirBNB experience, or if you’re an Airbnb Host of a location in a rural community, these insights might help elevate and make your location unique and more desirable.
- Highlight your unique selling points: One of the best ways to attract more guests to your rural Airbnb is by highlighting what makes it unique. Maybe you have a stunning view of the countryside, or your property is surrounded by acres of untouched wilderness. Perhaps it’s the setting of some some historical or cultural event. Whatever it is, make sure to showcase it in your Airbnb listing and any marketing materials you use.
- Leverage social media: Social media is a powerful tool for reaching potential guests. Consider setting up accounts on platforms like Instagram and Facebook to showcase your Airbnb and the surrounding area and its significiance. You can share photos, videos, and information about local events and attractions that may be of interest to potential guests.
- Offer local experiences: Guests who book a rural Airbnb often want to experience the local culture and way of life. Consider offering unique experiences like cooking classes featuring local cuisine, guided hikes through the countryside, or visits to nearby farms, vineyards, monuments or other cultural attractions. This will help make your Airbnb stand out and give guests a memorable experience.
- Optimize your listing: A well-optimized Airbnb listing is essential for attracting more guests. Make sure your listing is complete with high-quality photos, accurate descriptions, and detailed information about your property and the surrounding area. Use keywords and tags that will help your listing show up in relevant searches.
- Encourage reviews: Positive reviews can be a powerful tool for attracting more guests. Encourage guests to leave reviews after their stay by following up with them after their departure. You can also provide incentives like a discount on a future stay for leaving a review.
- Collaborate with local businesses: Partnering with local businesses can help you attract more guests to your rural Airbnb. Consider offering discounts to guests at nearby restaurants, attractions, or shops. You can also collaborate with local tour operators or activity providers to offer packages that include your Airbnb and their services.
- Host events: Hosting events can help you attract more guests and promote your rural Airbnb. Consider hosting a concert, workshop, or other event that showcases your property and the surrounding area. This can be a great way to get people talking about your Airbnb and generate buzz on social media.
- Provide the tools for guests to create their own experiences, they’d want to share with family and friends. These can range from cruiser bikes to explore country lanes, picnic hampers to transport their charcuterie provisions to access to equipment like safe propane fire pits, and fire reflectors to create uniquely cosey and evocative evenings of warmth under the stars.
These are just a few tips and strategies for attracting more guests to your rural Airbnb. By focusing on your unique selling points, leveraging social media, offering local experiences, optimizing your listing, encouraging reviews, collaborating with local businesses, and hosting events, you can increase your visibility and attract more bookings. Good luck!